Play Workshop is the way to teach into play!
Hey there, teacher friend!
My name is Amber and I help Pre-K and Kindergarten teachers implement Play Workshop in their classrooms so that our little learners experience purposeful play every day!
You are in the right place if…
- You are a Pre-K or Kindergarten teacher who values play.
- You are new to play-based learning.
- You are looking to level up your play-based approach in your classroom.
- I am a 4K teacher, though that is the less common term. It seems that most of you say Pre-K, but we are in the same club!
- I teach full-day four year-olds in a play-based classroom in the most amazing public elementary school.
When I became a 4K teacher, I was excited to join a play-based program. But I was overwhelmed with the abundance of information (and opinions) around play.
I struggled to figure out how all of that could work in my specific teaching situation.
Years later, my ducks are forming a row thanks to the play workshop approach.
I decided to restart my teacherpreneur journey with the goal of helping teachers who share a similar story.
A little more about me…
- I have also taught Kindergarten, 1st grade, and ESL (4K – 5th grade).
- My teacher t-shirt collection is obnoxious.
- I am a proud Milwaukeean. This is how I came up with the name, The Cream City Teacher. Milwaukee is known as The Cream City for all of its beautiful cream-colored brick. You can spot it in some of my photos.
- Back in the day, I started off blogging as Mrs. Unger’s Kinders. I later switched to Mrs. Unger’s Unbelievable Elementary Experiences. (What was I thinking!?)
Tag, you’re it! Who do you teach? What do you want me to know about your teaching situation? Let me know! (For real…please share. I promise that I will respond!) Send me a quick email or connect with me on Instagram or Facebook.